Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Gift...

I have finally finished everything that is going to Louise for her baby boy that is due in March. All that is left for me to do is put it in a box and send it on it's way to London.
There are bibs, a cardigan, hat & mitten set, mittens...and I am debating whether or not I should knit up some burp clothes this week to go along because I can't send it out till Friday anyways, but in the honest truth? I'm tired of knitting right now...I need a rest :)

Wrapped & ready to go!
So what I'm sending along is as follows:

I used Cotton-ease & Lily Sugar n' cream cotton in Lake, Taupe, Avocado, Dark Grey Mix, Jade, White & Wine.
Us 6 needles
I hand stitched on buttons and little patches for embellishments

Lion Brand Fishermans Wool & Araucania Nature Wool Solids in Oatmeal and Blue
Us 2 1/2 needles

Lion Brand Fishermans Wool in Oatmeal
Us 6 needles
This is my very own pattern that is up for sale on Ravelry

Cascade Yarns 220 Wool in Jet
Us 6 needles

And the wool? Not like you would think. This is actually quite soft and not itchy for baby. I also soaked it in fabric softener to help soften it more.


1 comment: