Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jealous with a capital J

The Yarn Harlot posted something about Wild Apples and well I just had to go see because the sweater she was making looked so delicious and yummy I had to take a peek!

So I thought to myself, why not? I can do the hat and scarf set...I'll just email the wonderful woman who has the sets and be on my way. I really took my time though beforehand to find out that hey! she is from Sweden! Of course I knew this to a point when I seen that it was called Bohus Stickning.

I had no idea until I really looked that the museum where you can buy the patterns and kits is in Uddevalla, which is where I was in May with some friends. When I got a reply from Solveig it turned out we are almost like 2 peas in a pod....but not really. She is Swedish whereas I can only speak it fluently from living there for a few years..haha...And she also lives in my city of Göteborg which fascinates me to no end.

Well it is quite costly for me to buy the hat kit. I have very little money saved in my Swedish bank account and not worth it for me to send more money to it. So now the dilemma is...do I spend $90 on a hat kit? Whew! That's a lot of money! But it would be just like the original from 1958

What to do, what to do.....

2 comments:

Maja said...

It's pretty damn cool... I guess you have to decide if you really really want it or not. Try doing eeni meeni miny mo! Even if the outcome isn't what you want, it does help you decide what you really want.

Ms. Kimba said...

haha...yes thats true...but man thats a lot of cash for a hat...I don't wear hats. It would have to be for someone I really care a lot about who made a huge impact on my life.

Well it's almost tax refund time in a few weeks so maybe I'll but it then and just keep it just because. We'll see!