Thursday, April 1, 2010

I need more...

I bought a good amount of Jacob roving that I didn't really know what it would be. I just wanted to spin. And last night I finally finished up all of what I had left.....
I tried to fill the bobbin all the way and squeezed every last bit on there, though I really could have filled this with more singles. Had I more roving I would have put it to the max.
I was thinking that when I plied it I wouldn't all get on there, but I was wrong...
I had more then enough room. Now I'm really wishing I had more. Next time I am going to fill it and push it and get the most out of it.

When I woke up this morning I figured out what it wanted to be...
Not an afghan.
Not a scarf.
But a shawl...
THIS one the be exact.
I'm just a little bit afraid that the colors in the Jacob might take away from the lace pattern. I know I'll need an offsetting color so I'm thinking that I'll have to purchase some natural white roving to spin to use on the lace part and of course for the stripes. I'm thinking I might go with fatter stripes? Not sure how that would look. I'm still thinking about my options.

No comments: