Thursday, April 29, 2010

Torsdag

It's been a busy week...

Trying to design, which didn't go as planned, so I think i'll just not do that for now....

Started a new project which is entirely EASY! (I'll tell you about it soon)

Getting new tires on my car today and hitting up the dentist after work..oh yay :(

And the biggest one of them all is Saturday. I am going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival. It will be the first one I have ever gone to so I am very excited! My two teenage sons and I will be waking bright and early for the drive down. I'm going to make sure that we are there just before they open at 9am. I have my plans on to where I'll be going and the barns I want to see.

I don't want to bring home any more yarn because I have enough already. Yeah I know, you can never have too much. But seeing as I'll be moving soon I really don't want to stash up on more. I'm actually trying to make what is in my bin disappear.

My plan is to visit Jeri & Ellen from Flying Fibers. Then I want to go to where all the raw fleece is, and THATS where I am going to sink all my money into.

I only have so much cash to take with me anyways, so I can't go crazy. Thats a good thing, otherwise I think Brad would have my neck :)
Ideally I would like to get a few pounds of raw fleece, BFL mostly, for a sweater I want to make out of handspun, and of course some Jacob for my afghan.

As for the project I just started, it is called Crocus by: Elizabeth Smith. It's a seamless top down cardigan that is the easiest thing I have ever knit in my life! And it's cute. I am using Plymouth Yarn Select worsted merino for the main color, and some of my BFL handspun for the contrasting color stripes. I should get pretty far on it today I hope. I don't think this is going to take much time to knit either. Can't wait to wear it!

No comments: