Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday

This isn't exactly a knit-related post...however...

The other week I took my son to see his girlfriend. Along the way back home I seen a few farms that had shops. I decided to stop by one of them because it looked amazingly beautiful and I thought maybe I could score some more yarn/fleece.

That didn't happen.

I went inside to see it had country style things inside for sale. Candles, milk jugs etc etc. It even had a garden shop downstairs. It was gorgeous, but wasn't what I was looking for. I went downstairs and I found this little pot with seeds and peat. It was for growing catnip and cat grass. The pot was 100% organic and if put in a landfill, within 2 years it would be dissolved.

I thought why not?! So I brought it home for my kitties and within 2 days the cat grass has grown like crazy and this morning I see the beginnings of catnip growing beside it.
They are going to love it :)

As for knitting...I plan on doing a lot of that today. I have my first shawl design that needs to be finished being knitted up. For the lace shawl I designed, I figured out the rest of the design this morning...finally and I'm going to work on knitting the rest of that up too as there's a little company in the midwest waiting for the pictures of it.

They emailed me this morning and said they might put me in before their submission date. The guy who emailed me, and their creative editor are going to have a look and decide if they will make an exception with my design! Also, I am now on their list of designers for when they have submission calls. I'm so happy it's unreal.

I can't say much more than that until it's all done.

To Heather, thank you thank you! If it wasn't for you I doubt I'd of even tried to go this far. You made designing seem easy and fun. The information you offered on your website has proved invaluable to me and to others. I owe you so so much and I can only imagine the other people who you also helped inspire to design knitwear.

Even if I don' get far with it, it's ok because I am having so much fun, and that's the whole point isn't it?

2 comments:

Frida said...

Congratulations!!! :)

Heather said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you :)
You make me blush with your thanks. I'm so glad I was able to inspire - happy knitting!