Monday, June 13, 2011

Best weekend

So let me start out by saying Yes, there is knitting content here...(not much though)
But first of all I had the best weekend ever with my kids. My oldest son told me it was the greatest start to his summer vacation. I don't think any statement could have made me happier.

Saturday morning we woke up and drove to Mt Gretna, hiked to the top of the mountain, and of course the boys acted silly along the way :)
Once at the very top of the mountain, we got to Governor Dick Tower, climb it and had a beautiful view from up top.
Afterwards, we went to a little corner pizza shop, had pizza, then went to the Jigger Shop for ice cream. Then we drove home and stopped at a car show. I was in love with the motorcycles.....
The boys were in love with the cars...
Once home, we went shopping then went to a place down river from our house called Long Level where the boys did what boys do best with their crazy friends...Jump off of a bridge.
Then go walking out on the sandbar to cool off some more from the hazy hot heat.
When we finally got home it was late evening and I sat down to some knitting. Even though the boys brought friends home to stay the night, I was still relaxed. I'm working on a new sock pattern and hope to have it up and available for everyone soon!







No comments: