Sunday, December 11, 2011

Rocky Coast Cardigan

This cardigan is by far the fastest thing I have ever knit in my life.
With size 10.5 needles on worsted weight yarn, it goes fast.
The Malabrigo worsted is so soft and fluffy and great to work with, but I do foresee some issues.

Issue#1 It's going to shed on any dark colored clothing.
Issue#2 It's going to pill quickly.

At the moment they are the only things I can see, but time will tell if anything else will arise. Other than those 2 things, I am loving it. When I tried it on it fit perfectly so far. The wool is so warm I can see that it might either make me too warm from the heat it was throwing off, or, it will suit me perfectly as I chill very easily.

I have 9" inches to go and then I can begin on the bottom ribbing. Almost half way done! I'm trying to be optimistic. :)

I would love to have it done in time to wear for Christmas or even my birthday, which is 2 days before. So we will see how fast my little fingers can knit.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: