Saturday, March 21, 2015

A few things on the way.

I wanted to share with you a few of the projects that I decided to keep and work on.

The first is a very lovely shawl/wrap. It is called Sonoma and is designed by Carol Sunday. You can find it on Ravelry. I found it to be so beautiful and felt that I just had to have it. The yarn I am using is  Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport. It is 100% wool and so lovely to work with, it's soft and not scratchy.

The pattern is simply worked by increasing/decreasing and working a rib and at the same time changing the colors of your yarn. I decided to switch my yarn colors as I felt fit. I am very happy with the result and am very pleased with the colors I chose. What do you think?!

Next up, I found a lovely pattern at a yarn shop in central Philadelphia called Loop.
Jared Flood had his trunk show there and I instantly fell in love with a scarf and a sweater, and the best part was I got to meet Jared. 

I walked out with two of his patterns (one was signed by him) and enough yarn to complete both projects. This one is called Shackleton and is designed by Michele Wang.

I did not buy as much yarn as it called for because I wanted a thinner scarf. I love the design and I love the cables. It is not a difficult pattern to work and most of all I love the yarn, Shelter. The color I chose for this is not showing up in it's true form. Some colors are really hard to capture on camera!


No comments: