Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hell on earth?

It's been a crazy past few days.....

First of all I get a call about the job I applied for at the American cafe....So I go to an interview....
Everything went smoothly and she asked if my first day could be Monday,yesterday. I said yes. Mind you this was only a trial to see if i liked it or not...

Sunday, before bed I get an sms from my sister saying 'emergency. call me" I'm thinking something happened to my mother because she has cancer. So I called her. It was my dad. He has an aneurysm . I was so upset and I cried of course, because it's my dad and here I am a 17 hour flight from him and there is nothing I can do but pray they do something before he dies....

I stayed up very late calling back and forth to my sister making sure what all was going on. Eventually I got to sleep that night, but it was a hard thing for me to do. I think I had 2 hours sleep before I had to get up for work. I thought it was best that I keep myself occupied because I knew all I would do is go crazy if I did not, and unfortunatelly there is nothing I can do from this far. However if the situation becomes worse then I will find a way to fly home.

So I get to work very tired, I manage somehow to get through the day and I talk to my sister to make sure everything is alright still.....My dad has to go to Philadelphia to a hospital there who can specifically do brain surgery.

I go to school today, still a little exhausted but I have to go, school is soon over for the year in like 3 weeks. I get a call at the end of the day right before the class gets out, and it's the lady of the cafe telling me if I want the job I can have it, so I was happy and said yes....at this time I am thinking maybe my father should be in surgery...he was to go in at 7am their time..Then I find out afterwards when I came home that my father is still not in surgery yet and it's 11am for them! Apparently there are other people who had worse then my father and they had to operate right away. It is a 4 to 5 hour process, and it is brain surgery so...now we wait...

I hope my sister sends me an sms soon saying he has gone in.
For gods sake I am tired,exhausted and just hoping my father makes it.
My mother starts chemotherapy on Thursday so she will be sick and won't be able to be there for my dad..sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad my sister is there helping. If it weren't for her at this moment then my poor mom, I don't know what she would do. Normally though it is always me too helping out but I can't right now..I know my sister is working hard...got to love her!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom and Dad. Hope things will turn out better soon.

Take Care,
Carin

Maja said...

Oh that's terrible I hope things turn out okay for your dad.

I was on an army reserve drivers course and one of the guys had an aneurysm during the night. He didn't want to leave the course and played it down but he was taken to hospital the next afternoon as he had fallen over and was acting strangely. He was okay so I'm sure your dad will be okay too. *hugs*

Congrats on your job :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,' I am home and dad pulled through the surgery, now is the critifcal time, the first 24hrs.. dad sister suzy and buill came down to Philly to see dad. it wa sone long day. i can;t get down now till saturday. i will let you knowgow dad is doing, i have an 8oo number to cal the hopital. love you. yes i snoked 2 cigateyyes this past few days, i was ion the verge of loseing it so i tok a smile from your sister and asked for onr roday. i cccan't handle much right now. i will ot get hung up ion them again/ love you mim

Ms. Kimba said...

Thanks Carin..

Maja...I hope too he will be ok. Surgery went well so hopefully his recovery will too!

Momma. I don't know what to say to you...smoking????? you have cancer!..oi! wait till I call you..I can tell you are a wreck,your typing went to hell..lol
Love you momma!!!! xxxxxxx