Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Silvik

That's the name of the place Paul and I went to today after I got home from school. We had to move pretty fast because it's getting dark here at about 4-4.30pm and I get home at 12.30, plus it takes about 25 minutes to drive there, not bad, and we had to have the car back by 3pm so pops could go somewhere.......So I guess I should explain what Silvik is. It's the name of a place that sits right on the coast of Göteborg and the North Sea that borders the country. I have only ever seen the North sea by airplane before and I have to say that nothing compares to seeing it in person. I was amazed.
It was cold as shit and windy like crazy, which you'll see in the pictures. I have to say though that it takes quite a lot of energy to keep yourself standing when it's that windy out. I felt exhausted when we got back to the car. Anyways...here goes! The rest of the pictures I took are in my photo album page HERE

You can see some of the little cottages along the coast for summertime use, and the little islands that dot the coast. Some places have little houses on them where you stay at overnight or something. We call this place in the pic a skärgården, or archipelago in english.

I love the color of the water.


Was hard to see to take this pic with the wind blowing like crazy, as you can see I'm blinded by my own hair.





Paul
Me


I like how these people live here year-round. I don't know how they make out when there's a storm!


I call this the wind-swept look. I was over-dressed for this place due to the fact I had only gotten home moments before we left to come here. So I look a little out of place..lol

I love how the water splashes up. I touched the water and it was the coldest water in the world I am sure next to Antarctica.

Foamy sea bubbles, my favourite kind.

No diving

As I said before, I have more pictures on my photo page. Theres a link to the right in my link list if you care to see. I truely felt like I was in Sweden being here along the coast. It's so different compared to where I live a little more inland where everything is normal. But as I said before, I only live a short 20 minute drive from here. So freaking cool for me! I never thought in my life before I met Paul that I would ever get to live next to the Sea.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! aWESOME PICS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PICS. YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL IN THEM, EVEN THE WIND SWEPT ONES. i LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND MISS YOU.
MOM

Maja said...

I love those rocks.

Ms. Kimba said...

Me too Maja, something about them screams Scandinavia.

Ms. Kimba said...

love you and miss you too mom! xxxx

Michelle said...

Hello! I've been peeping in on your blog from time to time. I live by the ocean (in PEI, Canada) and took it for granted for too long. It really is magical and powerful. I must say, the photographs remind me a lot of the landscape at Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia. Very interesting -thanks for posting them!

Ms. Kimba said...

Hey michelle!
It's really nice to know that people come by to see what I have to say,even when it's not really all that interesting.

I have never been to Nova Scotia before but I have been always curious as to what it looks like. I learned a few years ago not to take advantage of my surroundings when they are as beautiful as they are. I lived in Salt lake City once a few years back and thats what got me to start noticing things around me...The Rocky Mountains did it for me.

Perfect Virgo said...

Great pictures Mrs C. That's a rugged and windswept scene alright, just like Peggy's Cove as M says!

Michelle said...

Ooohh I'd love to see the Rockies. It's definitely on my "to-go" list :)

Anonymous said...

awesome pics there! i can almost feel the powerful breeze and the violent waves pounding the rocks.