Thursday, January 10, 2008

And so we begin....

Well for starters THIS

is my new laptop I got today that I am writing from comfortably from the couch..yay! It is my very first one, yes I was slow in comming around to getting one, but I took the leap and got it...quality of the pic is crap coz I sat here in murky dark Sweden and took it with my mobil so there you have it, a dark and murky picture, just like Sweden itself.

I was reading a blog today that I have been following for a few years. Somewhere along the way I had lost this womans link and found it just this morning yet again. She used to live in Baghdad smack in the middle of the war. I read stories that I don't think I will ever forget. Stories of hearing the bombs go off and having to protect yourself, no water or elecricity and so on. Well she doesn't post often but her latest post is sad, yet wonderful as she made the escape from a war-torn country to a more peaceful one. If you would like to read, click HERE

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one Kim. You are movin up in the wo5rld. Me , I am so far behind in it,lol.Then to we have to look at how old I am,lol. Love you MOM XXXX

Michelle said...

Oh I really want a laptop too. I just can't justify the purchase right now! I guess I'll just have to wait for my desktop to die a slow death. Currently I'm saving for a new camera. One gadget at a time!

Maja said...

I've seen that blog before, linked to by other blogs. She writes so well. I wonder why she stopped writing in October.

Perfect Virgo said...

I think I would be lost without my laptop! I surf, shop, write, blog, research and keep meticulous records - all from the comfort of a couch!

Anonymous said...

What was she doing there in the first place?

Ms. Kimba said...

hey mom, your not behind in the world, i dont know many women in their 60's who can do the things with a computer like you!

MD:i bought a digital camera too before i got the laptop..i bought the camera way after everyone already had them..im always the last one. i hate being like eveyone else, well i guess i am like everyone know but i dont like doing it at the same time as everyone if that makes any sense.

Maja: i am not so sure. she has her spurts and maybe because she is trying to find a permanant home or something? because if she is a refugee, no matter how much money she has, she may not have the computer access right now, or internet access i mean.

pv: i agree... i love this thing. i know eventually the novelty will wear off but i only had it for 2 days and already last night we watched an hour long show in bed with it.. i love it!!!

diy: in iraq or syria? she is from baghdad so that is why she was there her whole life and as for syria..its because thats where a lot of refugees go when they try to leave because it borders their country and its only a matter of a drive for a few hours to get to safety