Sunday, January 13, 2008

Yeah I'm strange.....

So I have something a bit stange maybe to talk about. It's got to do with favourite things and I was actually wondering about this earlier today while in the bathroom. Strange place, but you know, sometimes inspiration hits you in the weirdest of places. So what I mean to say is you know when you have a favourite towel that you may use for years, or maybe a certain cup you drink out of and refuse to use another instead? You wash this cup and use it repeatedly, and the one day it breaks, your actually heart-broken, and sad now that you HAVE to use another cup or thirst to death. I haven't had this particular thing happen to me but just so you get my drift.

I wonder why we do this? My mother has a favourite towel I think. It's pretty old now and quite thin. She uses it to dry her hair when she is out of the shower. How it dries anthing I will never know..lol

Paul had a favourite mug with santa on it until the handle broke off.

Me? Well I change. But I am a strange person to begin with so, you never know what your gunna get with me. Right now I have to say that I also have a favourite towel. It's in the bathroom, and before I get out of the shower every morning, I lay it on the floor to soak up the water, I step on it so my feet aren't dragging water either. You know how you get wet footprints on the floor? I hate that!

But then again I have to have things a certain way or they make me crazy. Before I moved here to Sweden, I had a place of my own. I lived alone and my living room was never used. I worked too much to be home. I came home, went to bed and started work again the next day. Who has time to use the living room when you can watch tv in bed anyways? So I had these pillows on my couch. One on each side. They were the same. They were symetrical on the couch. Everything was symetrical. Pictures..everything. I'm a freak. Am I OCD? Maybe.

Back to the subject at hand.....
This towel is white with just a tiny blue thread on the edges. I like it. If I had to change this towel for another, I wouldn't be happy. I have other favourite things too but I change. For instance, Maybe if I put a certain bedset on the bed it might be my fave, and I think that I can wash it a thousand times and not care if it gets worn out. I wanna use it. However, maybe i'll buy a new set and THAT tends to be my fave, so my other set just gets tossed aside and is no longer my fave anymore. I have a new one. I'm strange that way.

So I have a question. Do YOU have something that is a favourite, or do you change too with some things but not others? If so what are they? Are you weird like me?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always use my living room, well mostly because it's pretty much the only room in my apartment. I sleep there, watch tv or movies, play video games, sit at the computer and often eat there as well... And yeah, I totally have fav-things like that. I even have fav-sweaters. Can get nasty at times when I use the same one 4 days in a row, but what the hell, "I'm loving it", you know...

Anonymous said...

Yep that towel is old and it still dries the hair. there are some good parts to it yet,lol. Oh you forgot my havorite fork and spoon and knife. well the knife and spoon are missing. I do use the same glass all day for my iced tea.I refuse to use any other ones.If at someones house that is different. Good idea for this blog. Love you, MOM XXXXX P.s. I have OCD, yuck.

Maja said...

New stuff always becomes my favourite stuff! When I was a kid I always used to put on my newest dresses to go out and play.

Jason used to have a favourite mug until it got broken. Now he doesn't have one, he just uses any old mug.

Jason also has a favourite car park in the city. He hates parking anywhere else, even if it's better or more convenient. I think it's because he can't remember how to get to any other carparks.

I don't have a favourite towel, but I do have favourite bedset. (Egyptian cotton, yay!)

I have my own mug at work that I always use. I don't trust other people's dishwashing skills, I see so many mugs with coffee or tea residue stuck to their insides just because people can't be bothered putting in the elbow grease to clean their mug properly. They just put hot water in it and rinse it out. Yuk.

Ms. Kimba said...

oh yeah, i forgot about those other things mom..lol.

i wonder why we do these strange things with favourites. maja i totally understand the mug thing. i HATE dirty stuff, freaks me out.

bill, i think every guy a fave shirt now that i think about it, i wonder why that is?

Anonymous said...

well first off kim amnd maja I yes do mostly the dishes at home,so and as far as the wife and i usin glases to drink from i normally dont.yes kim the reusable container as the usual. lmao! but thats the way i am.prolly to prevent spills i guess.
ok now back to the subj. cleaning glasses is not hard but however that tea stains the bottom of glass taintly at times and i duno what it it i can scrub hard 4 3 min and trace is still slightly visible. oh kim i still have my fav orange bowl for breakfast.yea u and esp mom know which one that is.gesh idd be lost without it.lol
and i do have a few things in shirts and sweaters i always love. not is that wierd or is it we just a wierd ole family roflmao!

Ms. Kimba said...

ah yeah i remember your bowl jim..lol

and yes i agree, we are a very weird family! but if i am weird then i have to blame it on you coz you are older then me and if i learned anything i learned it from you, bobby and cindy..lol

Hairy Swede said...

I cut my finger nails every Tuesday. I've been doing it since I was about 13. Which puts me at around 10 years. All because I read some article about fingernail growth in some magazine.

I feel better having gotten that off of my chest.

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of old clothes I like to use. My wife throws some of them away every now and then. I would understand that but she's saving some of her old clothes! I have an old towel, 30 years this year! Still in use, not intact :)

Anonymous said...

I see that you have a link to my blog, thank you! If it's alright with you, I can do the same in my blog.
Cheers,
Smek

Ms. Kimba said...

hairy.. i dont know what to say to that..lol

smek, i think everyone has a towel it seems, and yes it would be nice if you put me on your blog too..thanks!!

Anonymous said...

What is this? Some sort of AA-meeting online? hehe... well, here it goes then: Hi I'm Johannes and I only use one pair of jeans, all the time... If I don't wear mjukisbrallor, of course... but the weirdest thing is that I switch jeans. In, like half a year I have one pair of jeans and when they get worn out I buy a new pair that's my new favourite jeans and so on... Instead of having like three or four pair of jeans that i alternate between... There, i said it..

Ms. Kimba said...

an AA meeting online? yeah sort of..lol...well hey at least i know im not the only weirdo out there!

Perfect Virgo said...

I brought my special coffee mug all the way to Canada with me in 2006. It advertised my favourite British hi-fi shop. Guess what happened just before Christmas... it sprang a leak. I was heartbroken. I loved my mug.