Thursday, February 21, 2008

Buggin'

So today was funny as shit!
I go into work, everything is normal, fine and good. Great even!
We had a bit of a stupid, close call incident. Was really funny actually.

It was just me and Joakim and Linda at work today.

So anyways, I am working and Linda is getting ready to leave soon, shes in the other dining room in the back getting dirty dishes and stuff....i'm at the cash register for a sec coz she was back there. Joakim was....cooking I think, yes. So these 3 women come in the restaurant, the one peeks in the back dining room and just barely catches a glimpse of Linda.

They come flashing their badges from Skatteverket...I get nervous. I don't know why, but I do. So I ask Joakim to talk to them. They want to see the book we are to write our names, personnummer and time in and out. He goes to get it and catches a glimpse of Linda comming in the back way, that must be when he tells her they are there. Mind you we are all legal tax payers but you MUST write in this book, not just your time sheet, but this too...

So as he looks he realizes she never written her name and stuff in there from this morning. He goes to write her numbers and name in the book quickly but the one woman comes back and is right up Joakims ass before he can do anything, so he just hands her the book. I go in the back to put lids on something or other that was sitting on the counter....Joakim comes back..sees Linda and half whispers half yells at her to go back to the trashroom and hide, now!!!!!..which is back through the courtyard.She does just that....

So I didn't know why he told her that but my first thought was she wasn't paying taxes? Then it hit me I didn't see her name in the book this morning. She forgotten to do it. So the one lady then comes back to me and asks me "Ditt namn och personnummer?"I say my name but before i could get my personnummer out she asks me to write it. So I do, the she asks me in english if anyone else is working today and kinda peeks around the corner. I said "No, only me and Joakim working today" and she says she thought she seen someone else here... I said nope. I wrote my info down for her. She goes back out the front and I heard her say to the other 2 ladies she thought there was someone else.

So I go back up front....I help a customer, then I start cooking. The ladies leave. Joakim goes out the back to tell Linda it's ok to come back in.....She's not there! But the 2 bottles she was holding were there..lol...on the trash bins. He asked me "Where did she go?" So we go frantically looking for her..she is nowhere!!! nowhere in the enclosed courtyard or in any of the doorways that lead to outside streets. It's cold and raining...she has nothing on but this silly dress she has to wear for work...

I remember she had pants on....but when you went back on the trash room, her dress was there!..lol....so anyways, we go back to work, we figure maybe she didnt understand what was going on and thought Joakim was pissed at her and she left? But without her coat, mobile or anything?? Why is her dress there in the trashroom?

I ended up calling the owner telling her what happened, and Anna laughed...I wanted to know if Anna heard from her..nope. So me and Joakim spent the last hour laughing about this stupid thing and where Linda dissapeared to. Turns out she lives next door and we figured she just went home and will come back later for her things. Wait..her keys are with us too..lolWhat happened???

I get a phone call, a woman saying "Hej, jag heter Linda och jag undrar om du har ett bord jag kan booka?" I think and say...No we dont book tables here...I think then say..Linda?? and she says Ja..det e jag!So she asks me if its ok for her to come back now...hahahaha!!!!!!

Turns out she wasn't sure what was ging on at first, then she realized it had something to do with the people from Skatteverket. She had a shirt on under the dress. So she wasn't chancing seeing those women outside, she took it off,the dress, went across the street to her ex's apartment and waited awhile to see if everything was clear now. She came back, we laughed and then she went to change and went home. She was finished work at 1.30 and those women came like 1.15
Problem is...If you don't sign the book when you come in and they make a surprise appearance, then the owner will be charged 12,000 kronor...thats like.......1,200 dollars..lol
We got lucky!!! I told Linda to sign it soon as she starts work from now on, just in case

5 comments:

Hairy Swede said...

Oh the beauty of the Swedish bureaucracy!

Anonymous said...

A nice piece of story there, thanks for sharing it! Have a nice weekend!

Ms. Kimba said...

Don't ya love it Hairy?

hey Smek! thanks and you too!

Maja said...

Man that is some crazy nazi style checking!

Hairy Swede said...

well said maja...