Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday

It's not even 7am and me and the kids are up. why?
I was hoping to sleep in but I guess that won't happen.
First thing I thought about this morning was knitting. I must be mad, or totally addicted. I'm taking my cat who is sick to the vets this morning and my first thought was to knit while I wait...but I won't have that sort of time because they are usually fast..crap!

Then afterwards I have to drive my 15 year old son to his girlfriends house an hour away, so no knitting then either...will have to wait till I get home. I know I have things to do today but I am dying to knit! I always wonder if I will ever get sick of doing it...I doubt it.

I'm very curious about my sons gift to his girl and how she will react. He made her a jewelry box in wood shop at school, he lined it with velvet and he put a love note inside along with the bracelet I bought her, though we're saying he bought it. It's a beautiful box and the handle to open it on top is the letter H, for Hannah. I wrapped it all up for him last night.

God! puppy love. I hope she likes it.



Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Ah, you brought me back to my DD and her high school sweetheart!
Enjoy, they grow up and move on and then there is plenty of time for knitting.
Did I mention that my DD asked me to knit a baby blanket for her girlfriends baby shower. I enjoyed doing it.

Ms. Kimba said...

Yeah... he's had about 5 girlfriends so far, this one he's been with for quite some time which is a shocker. Maybe because she moved an hour away and they don't see each other so much to drive each other crazy.

Baby blankets are so wonderful to knit, just knitting for babies period is nice! teeny little cute baby things that we can make in a snap!

Maja said...

My Amma has been knitting all her life and never got sick of it. She even does it with painful arthritis!

I'm sure your sons girlfriend will treasure the gift for the rest of her life, even after they break up.

Ms. Kimba said...

Thats what I'm thinking Maja, it's one of those things you end up keeping forever.