Monday, May 3, 2010

Some of my goodies

Yesterday I showed you how to clean fleece. Today I am going to show you some of the yarn I made from that along with some dyed roving I bought in Maryland.

This is the raw Corriedale that I had purchased...Looks all nice and fluffy like clouds after I washed it.

Silky...

And after it was all spun, plied & washed, it turned into this squishy soft yarn. I have a pound of it to make up and I think I have an idea of what it will be already.

This is some roving I bought and boy did I get a steal! Only $1.87 an ounce! I bought just a smidge over 10 ounces. The bad thing...I never asked what type of wool it was and the information wasn't exactly offered anywhere on paper or on the stand where I bought it. I would have asked had I thought about it at the time.

I only used some of the colors to make this yarn. Once I get the rest of it spun up, It's going to become a colorful pair of house socks.

As for the Leicester I was washing in the previous post, it became this. My very first hank of yarn that was 100% processed by moi.
I separated the darker from the lighter fleece as I was grabbing from my bin to make this. I love how it's like a dark chocolate. It's so yummy. Currently I have carded and spun almost a full spindle full of the lighter gray parts of this fleece and it's even more softer than this.

I don't know how long it's going to take me to card and spin 8 pounds of fleece, but I'm starting to think that a drum carder would be much more handy than my hand carders!





2 comments:

French Press Knits said...

How exciting! I am jealous of you and everyone else who went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I feel like I'm the only one who wasn;t there- seems to be all over the blogosphere this week!

Ms. Kimba said...

It was great but it was too hot and sticky :(