Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tisdag

After my mom had passed away, I was going through some of her things.
I had found these K-Tel Knitters.

She showed me once how to use them, but all she did was a chain, then it was forgotten and she put them away. Mom said it was what she used to teach herself how to knit. I did a little research and found a site where it tells you how to use them HERE

I tried to see what year they were made in and the only thing I could find was 1964, so they are at least 46 years old. Could be more but there's not really much out there on the internet about them. I don't think I'll ever knit with them but I am thinking about trying a small chain with one row knit just because I'm curious.

Is there anything really old that you have found that dates back pretty far that nobody even uses anymore?

2 comments:

French Press Knits said...

When I saw them I actually just thought they were some sort of crazy medical device. Keep us posted!

Ms. Kimba said...

haha...yeah they do look that way huh?