Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Sunday!

As you can see I have been working on Heathers design I.B. Footsie.
It is fun, and easy and the directions and charts are great!

I don't make the leg portion very long on my socks unless it is plain because I get tired of looking at charts. That is my downfall. I love charts...but when I work in stockinette I tend to make the leg longer as it is mindless and I don't have to pay attention and next thing you know...I've got good length.

The yarn I am using for this is Malabrigo which is sooo soo soft. My friend Carmel sent this to me. It is my most favourite sock yarn to work with, so If I ever have it, it always turns into socks for me. I can't give them away.

It really is a great pattern though and I have already finished my charts and I'm half way through the entire 1st sock. When this is done I have to cast on for my sisters socks who need their mates, then I can send them on to her. I know she's been patiently waiting for them.

I also have a secret project going on for a magazine. Trying to fit it in with everything else is tough. Hopefully it will be done soon and I'll get accepted.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Hey Ms Kimba
I will be in attendance at the show from 10 each morning for the whole day. And yes books will definitely be for sale and I will be very pleased to sign one for you. I have no idea where I will be though. I will find that when I get there to set up on the Wednesday. There will probably be maps.
I look forward to meeting you too.
I will also be giving a daily talk at the Knitting Live stage. Don't have a time for that yet but will post to my blog when I do.
The very best.
Loani
Off to London to Be the Queen