Friday, December 30, 2011

Finished sweater-FINALLY!

So finally I got the sweater done yesterday to much perseverance.
It was one of those things where I was so close, inches away but if I didn't do something, it would never get done. So I watched a film. The Kings Speech to be exact. It was the perfect film to watch and
before I knew it. I was done!
 I am loving the fit, though the sleeves are a tad tight. It just needs a good blocking, but today I am going to wear it to work. It is so warm and soft and I am in love.
 I used Malabrigo worsted in Natural. I made no modifications except that I did not decrease for the sleeves.
 I took a few photos, obviously, didn't know which I liked best that would show off the sweater, so I am using them all here. My mess up was in the beginning of the sweater. Apparently as I was increasing for the sleeves I needed to modify the cable pattern. I was not aware of this as I knit the patter as noted in the book. Surely the cable would have to work itself out? No.
 I saw some mentions about having to tear back and redo it so it matched up. I however did not. Oh well. It gives it character and in fact the way to top cables came out, it looks like the pattern flows from one style right into the next. Not sure how the mess up became something good but, it works.
Or so I think/hope.
I will be making another. In black. In different yarn. Cascade 220 I think. If you can't tell by the smile on my face, I am very pleased.
Off to work I go!
Happy Knitting.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It looks fantastic on you!