Monday, August 19, 2013

American Sock Knitting

I am so happy to announce that the book I have a design in is now up and ready for sale; American Sock Knitting by Beth Moriarty

The pattern I chose to design for the book is Appalachian Trail Socks.

I had a lot of fun dreaming up a design for this sock, sketching it, and then choosing which stitches will make the yarn do what I have sketched on paper.

It took quite some time, but well worth the wait. I have to say that all of the designs in this book are just magnificent! (meaning the other designers, not to hype myself up) The others are truly talented designers and have done a great job in helping to come up with an idea for their sock design. 

The book features recipes too! You should check out Beth's website and order yourself a copy of the book.
You can find it HERE

(Cover of book courtesy of Beth Moriarty)

I don't think I am allowed to show you what's inside, you'll have to check that out on your own, but I can show you my design that I used as a test before I knit up the pair for the book.

I really hope you take a look at the website and purchase a copy; you will be pleasantly pleased! 

Kimberly D.




2 comments:

Ulrika said...

Jättefina sockor!

Roligt att du tycker om mina bilder, och du - din svenska är inte alls så dålig som du tror. :-)

Ms. Kimba said...

tack så mycket!