Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spinning Saturday

I have been a busy bee this morning. Spinning away anything and everything I can get my hands on.

I'm not sure what kind of wool this is. It came with a kit from Flying Fibers. It's just some starter stuff. I only got 22 yards out of it.
It's really a good idea to wake up, get a cup of coffee and sit by the window, in the sun and just spin like a fool. My wool of choice here - Jacob sheep
In this picture I'm just plying it Andean style.
So far I have 117.9 yards, not including what's pictured here. And I made a LOT this morning.

I'm not quite sure what to do with the Jacob once it's all spun up. I think I might buy some more Jacob fleece on Wednesday and try to get up enough either for a pair of mittens or maybe a lap-ghan.

I went shopping at Oh Susanna! after a heafty lunch at Olive Garden and bought 2 skeins of Cascade 200 Quatro in Lilac. I have plans for this. A friend of mine in London, Vicky, has a daughter and I'm making her THIS with it. She says little Zara's color of choice is Lilac.

No comments: