Friday, November 18, 2011


I have started this project all because I bought Frabjous Fibers roving from my LYS (Flying Fibers). I wanted a scarf of some sort. I wanted it to match my jacket, and I wanted to make it from start to finish.

Though what I should have done was finish washing the dirty fleece I have from MSWF and went through the process that way, dying my own and all. But now that I think of it, that will be my next venture as soon as I cast on for my last Christmas gift. I will clean up the last of the fleece and make myself some fingerless mitts. I have some dyes I've been wanting to use up so this would be the perfect opportunity.

Anyways, here is my Mustard Scarf by Jane Richmond
From start to finish....

Frabjous Fibers BFL/Tussah silk blend. It's so silky smooth and squooshy!
On November 11th I begun. I spun a decent amount of singles up, over-filling the bobbin, having to give it a good twist as it seemed to have a mind of it's own.
I made a 3 ply yarn and came out with 125 yds. (not sure why it looks so light in this picture)
I cast on a few days later and within a few hours time..Viola!
One Mustard scarf finished, washed & blocked and ready to wear.
I used up every single yard and came out bigger than what the directions noted..ah well! When it's a scarf it's not a big deal to go longer.
I have not yet found the perfect button for it yet....But I will!
It's very cosy and warm. The pattern was easy to memorize and quick to knit.
I will be making more of these.

No comments: