Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Onsdag

I can't seem to get it right.
I was spinning and spinning and thought I was getting sport weight?
No...
More of a dk/worsted.
I'm ok with that, but that means I have to change what sweater I am going to knit, again.

This is actually a good thing because what I was going to make had a lot of stockinette. I want something to keep me interested.

I have my first hank of yarn (only 188.33 yds.) and I set the twist, knit a swatch, and I got 18 sts/4" on a Us 6
That is worsted right there but I can get 20sts on a Us 5

So as long as I get gauge I can make the Acer Cardigan

I just started carding more fleece last night. I think I carded enough to get me a full spindle, then I have to keep going and going and going....
At least until I have enough yardage and then some to make this project.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This is why I usually spin the yarn into what it wants to be, then decide on a pattern -- it's way too tricky for me to try to get a specific weight of yarn (unless I'm spinning laceweight or fingering).

Acer is a great pattern. I did it in handspun last year.