Monday, May 21, 2012

Måndag

The thing I like about Romney is its sheen.
This is the first time I have worked with this type of fleece before and I love it!
It's spinning up really well and I have to say that this is the most consistent I have ever been.

I'm getting a nice sport weight for my cardigan and I am very pleased with the first hank.
I have to soak it in the morning, a bit late right now, but soon as I hang it to dry I am going to count the yardage. 

It will give me an idea of about how many spindles I will need to go.
I could have over filled my spindle and cranked it on there, but I didn't this time. For the next ones that I fill, I am going to make sure it's a really good fair amount.

I started this project on 5/15 and we are now on the 21st.
Normally it wouldn't take me so long to spin one hank, but I have been gone for the weekend on my motorcycle and I can't exactly take my wheel on the back of the bike. Though I bet that would be a sight to see!



No comments: